2.3.2010 - Bumps in the road

19w5d

Bump #1… After a few weeks of minor leg pain it reached the excruciating point last night. I called the OB on call and, since I didn't have any swelling or discoloration, he prescribed Tylenol, a hot bath, and to make an appointment in the morning. He did say I was welcome to come see him in L&D at the hospital but that he didn't think it was necessary (due to the lack of swelling/discoloration). Since going to the hospital would mean getting Travis up in the middle of the night, I chose to wait until the morning. After a terrible night of sleep I woke up with moderate leg pain that started getting worse as soon as I got out of bed. Long story short, after seeing an OB and my GP, we're thinking it's a pinched nerve. The doc gave me some pointers on how sit to not aggravate it more and prescribed a narcotic, which I have no plans of taking. The OB will refer me to a physical therapist if I continue to have issues.   I'm feeling better tonight after putting some of the pointers into practice.  We'll see how it goes.


Bump #2… I had low platelets while I was pregnant with Travis. There is a big fancy name for it… gestational thrombocytopenia… but it’s much easier to call it low platelets.  Cause that’s what it is. It didn’t occur until about mid-way through the pregnancy and they fixed themselves right before he was born.  Come pregnancy #2, I had low platelets when they did my first prenatal bloodwork at 6-8 weeks.  Not dangerously low, just slightly below the preferred level. They attempted to recheck them last week at the big ultrasound appointment. But I found out today the results are inconclusive. Apparently my platelets clumped up and could not be counted – the doc said this usually means they are low. So they took more blood today to try again. I guess we’ll find out in a day or two how low

No comments:

Post a Comment