4.28.10 - a little scare

I'm all for BabyBrother coming a week or two early.  But not 8 weeks early.   Every once in a while I have a sharp pain in my lower abdomen like I'm being pinched.  Today I was having them every few minutes for several hours.  I drank some water and layed down for a while and they didn't get any better.  Perhaps a little worse.  So off to the doctor I went.   Of course by the time I got there the pains had stopped.  But I still felt a little weird.  The doctor gave me a good once over and said everything looks fine and there are no physical signs of preterm labor.  He also did a test (fetal fibronectin) which will detect a protein that can be an indicator of impending labor.  If it comes back negative the chances that I'd go into labor in the next 2 weeks are pretty slim.  If it comes back positive it doesn't necessarily mean I will go into labor, but the chances are higher.  In that case they'll run some more tests, do an ultrasound, etc.  I've had a few more of the pains since going to the doctor but not the same frequency/severity as earlier today.  Hopefully I'll hear tomorrow that the test is negative!

No comments:

Post a Comment