5.21.2010 - 35w!

35 weeks down, 35 DAYS (or less) to go!   Baby and I had a checkup this morning.  Baby is great.  He's still head down and the doc estimates he'll be about a "seven-and-a-half-pounder."  We saw my favorite doctor - the one who delivered Travis.  He always makes me feel good.  He told me my belly looks great and that my weight gain and proportions are just what he likes to see.  "That's a fine looking tummy - you're doing great".  I metioned how uncomfortable I've gotten in the past few weeks.  I was expecting the "that's typical in pregnancy, second pregnancies, blah blah blah" spiel.  But he took me pretty seriously and started asking more specific questions about how/where/when the discomfort is.  Turns out it's a genuine ailment - pubic symphysis diastasis.  Simply put, the joint in the front of my pelvis has separated.  There is nothing really I can do to relieve it.  Other than move slowly and cautiously.  And go to the pool.  And try not to do things that make it hurt.  But since that includes putting on pants, I can't completely avoid all the triggers!  My blood pressure has crept up a tiny bit.  It's not high.  It's actually pretty normal, but mine is usually low.  It's nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't get really high.

1 comment:

  1. "That's a fine looking tummy"...hahaha, I love it! But I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete