5.27.10 - almost 36 weeks

Went for my 36 week checkup today, 1 day shy of 36 weeks.  I go weekly now - oh joy!  Baby sounds good and is still head down.  Drew blood to check my platelet and anemia status.  Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow that all is well in both areas.  And that nothing else weird has popped up.

Discussed VBAC some more - that's still the plan if I go into labor on my own before my due date.  I asked about labor augmentation.  (Induction is when they cause labor to start.   As I've said before, my docs won't do that after a prior c-section.  Augmentation is when labor starts on it's own but then, for whatever reason, needs a jolt to get going again.)  I was augmented with Travis -- I went into labor but then stalled at 4cm.  Aggressive augmentation (i.e. re-breaking my water and high doses of pitocin) didn't help at all, hence the c-section.  If augmentation is needed this time they will be very cautious and we (baby and I) will be under intense monitoring.  Although the doctor I saw today (my favorite one, again) said some docs in the practice will not give any pitocin at all after a prior c-section.  So we shall see.  When all is said and done, I just want a safe delivery and healthy baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment