6.10.2010 - almost 38w

38w checkup today.  I'm one day shy of 38 weeks.  I had some pretty severe back pain and cramps last night so I opted to be "checked" today to see if any progress was being made.  I'm 2cm and 50% thinned!  And what does that mean?  That I could have a baby this afternoon.  Or in 2 weeks.  Baby's heartrate was in the 150s - perfect!  We discussed antibiotics for this cold/plague I've got again.  Since my lungs sound clear and I've already taken a Z-pack twice during this pregnancy we chose to wait it out.  Sudafed is taking the edge off enough to get a little sleep.  But the steroids, sporadic back pain, bathroom breaks, heartburn, and congestion all combined make for some pretty lousy sleeping these days.  I slept great from about 10-2 last night.  Then I tossed and turned with the back pain until 3.  Then I went downstairs and watched tv for a while.  I eventually went back to sleep and got in another hour or two before it was time to start the day.

They didn't check my platelets since I've only taken half the steroids.  They will check next week (if I'm still pregnant).  Until then... we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment